Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Beauty Diary Royal Jelly Mask


Hey there! Today's mask is from My Beauty Diary, a Taiwanese brand. Yay! I love MBD masks! As you can see, I've reviewed a few already XD They're a staple in my my mask collection... or they really fucking should be, in any case. I got this in a box of 10 from Amazon for $12.99. A pretty great deal, seeing as though Wally World has it for $13.75. Although, let me say again: still cannot believe fucking Walmart has any K-Beauty stuff! O_O

I've had these for awhile and have used a few. It just came back into my rotation when I realized I never reviewed it (!) I should have; it was the first MBD mask I ever used. I could barely wait to get it on my face, lemmetellya.

Much excite! Much awesome skin :D
Walmart (!) seems to be the only reputable place with a full description of the mask:

  • Refining, revitalizing, moisturizing and brightening your skin for a wonderful glow
  • Facial mask pack helps skin retain the necessary water and maintain hydration
  • Has the patented, long-lasting moisturizing ingredient cosphingo
  • My Beauty Diary facial mask softens and purifies dead skin, resulting in smooth, supple, nourished and radiant skin
  • Especially recommended for skin lacking radiance and resilience

Most importantly, look at the ingredients list!! Royal Jelly extract is high on the list:
Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Royal Jelly Extract, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Morus Alba Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Albumen, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Lecithin, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract Nasturtium, Officinale Flower/Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 80, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, peg-15 Hydroxystearate, Carbomer, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Polyglutamic Acid, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Sodium pca, Glycosphingolipids, Tocopheryl Acetate.
Umf, do you see alll those sexy awesome ingredients?!??

Ohh yeah, baby.
There are so many awesome ingredients jam packed into such a little package... and all MBD masks have long awesome ingredient lists with the featured ingredient after the water/glycerin/glycols. Gotta love that <3 Because I'm a lazy hoar, we're only going to focus on the star ingredient: royal jelly.

Royal jelly is not honey (I thought it was just some sort of special honey XD), but a secretion from the glands in the heads of worker bees that is fed to bee larvae. When queens are needed, they sequester the selected larvae in special "queen cells" and feed them nothing but copious amounts of royal jelly. IANAD, but I feel I should take a moment to say this: if you are allergic to bee venom, you should probably stay away from products containing royal jelly, It can cause an allergic reaction, and we wouldn't want that right?

So why do I want what's essentially bee spit on mah face?? Burt's Bees says that royal jelly has the following nutrients:

  • Essential amino acids
  • Minerals
  • Vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, C, E
  • Biotin
  • Niacin
  • Folic acid

The skin wants what it wants....and NOW

Let's get to the review, shall we?


TL;DR: 

Mask 411: Thin, easy ripping, well soaked with a plastic backing. Smells good, not like honey, sadly XD
Mask fit: Oblong mask with fucking slits all over. Fits my whole face, stays on well.
Did it work as advertised? YES
Overall rating?  Totes amazeballs :D


Mask details: The mask was very thin and came with a plastic backing, It was dripping with essence! Although there wasn't much essence left in the package, the plastic liner had lots of essence left on it so I put it to good use XD I expected this to smell like honey, and I was disappointed that it didn't. It smelled nice though (don't get me wrong) but I wished it would have smelled like honey :P

Mask Fit: As I've said before, I do not particularly care for the fit of MBD masks....it's the one flaw in an almost perfect mask :/ They are kinda oblong, and with all these fucking slits on them, They do cover my whole face, so there's that. I almost always end up ripping it at one of the shitty slits... this time I didn't though (woo!)

First Impression:  As I expected, this performed very well. The mask stayed wet for over 45 minutes. I finally took it off so I can cuddle with my bae :P After taking it off, my face felt smooth and plump. It took a few minutes for the essence to soak in, then I finished my routine and went about my business....

Final thoughts:
Just amazing, 
So much T_T
I love this mask. Hell, I love MBD masks in general. They always come through for me T_T I haven't tried a bad one yet! They have soooo many too. I only have a few varieties left... I need to order some more. I am thinking of doing a MBD bingo, what do you think about that?? I think it would be fun... and I have tried enough to get a solid line in by now XD

As you can imagine, my skin feels ahh-MAH-zing today! It's still nice and smooth. I'm so happy with my face right now T__T My skin has been on an awesome streak, and I'd like to keep it that way. Working a MBD mask in the rotation was a must for this gorgeous upkeep :P

Thanks Nicki XD
Definitely a rebuy guys. Go out and try one if you haven't already! The Sheet Mask Maven demands that everyone has sweet royal jelly awesomeness in their lives XD

What do you think about MBD Bingo?? Have you tried this one yet?? Let me know in the comments!

Until next sheet mask adventure,

xoxoxox

Deena

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for info, jangan lupa kunjungi website kami https://bit.ly/2yonPK5

    ReplyDelete

You wanna comment? SHEETASTIC! :D